Physical Therapy, November 2008; Jeff back for Thanksgiving
This month I made some strides in physical therapy. I went back to therapy in October, and use the Physio Ball to do two exercises on my back (with my lumbar region flattened): bending and straightening the knee, and going from noon to 10 or 2 o'clock with either leg.
I also do pool exercises, including:
water walking (20 minutes)
side stepping while centered (12 minutes)
20 plies/releves x 3
15 front/side/back (ronde de jambe) x each leg
lunges (20 seconds) x 3 @ leg
and will add weight shifting from leg to leg when the pool is no longer under maintenance.
This week, I did some upright bicycling (5 minutes up to 10 minutes).
Yesterday, I walked approximately half a mile (800-1000 meters), going from St. Paul Cathedral up Craig Street to the museums, to the Carnegie Public Library, uphill on Bellefield to work, then back to the Cathedral. I also walked with Joe and Tina to to Heinz Chapel from their home, and back.
I am pleased as punch that I am tolerating more distance, with minor complaints from my body (incipient shin splint-y feelings), as if I'm before training for a season.
~~~~~
Jeff was back for Thanksgiving tonight. Karina, Maureen, and I joined him in celebration of the 5:15 afternoon Mass with Fr. David and Deacon Joshua, who said the homily. After Mass, we met up with Alroy at Aladdin's Eatery in Squirrel Hill (where I enjoyed the lamb wrap) and then piled into Jeff and Alroy's vehicles to go to Dozen in Lawrenceville, where most of us had a pumpkin strudel muffin. Karina had mentioned the terrorism at the two fancy hotels in Mumbai, two blocks from her mom's home. Alroy asked her what will happen, how will she get groceries? And a discussion of the infrastructure network within her neighborhood ensued.
Labels: Carnegie, dreams, exercise, friends, international culture, library, neighbors, politics, St. Paul Cathedral, surgery, thankfulness, walking, water exercise, weather, work

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home