Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Kelly's Arrival December 2008, Winter Vacation Days 2008

Friday, I attended morning Mass, and went to physical therapy (with pool work) in the afternoon.

Kelly arrived from NYC after several hiccups in taking off on Saturday. I had lunch with Jen McG. at Camille's. She gave me a ride to Phipps, where I met up with Regina and John. Her friend, Susan, with her friend Robert and her brother Ken joined up with us later. John and I had fun collecting stamps around the conservatory. Susan especially liked the train and the banana blossoms in the room farthest west. Ken particularly liked the prickly and hairy extensions on the succulents in the Desert Room. We all liked Santa's seat (darn! we just missed him!) and the Dale Chihuly glass artwork. Regina gave me a nice Christmas gift before we departed.

That afternoon, while Kelly napped, Mom and I wrapped lumpia.

Dinner was shared with Mom and Dad, William, Kelly, Beatrice, Solomon, and I. We all missed Marissa.
~~~~
Sunday the 21st called for me to rehearse before Mass for choir. This is the last Sunday we are singing at the BVM altar in front of the congregation. I spotted Jim B., my former boss, and his wife, Sandy. I stopped by and spoke with him---he updated me on his family's doings. After Mass, the soprani and alti practiced the Fugue...with Ken directing at the piano.
I met a family from NJ outside church, and Mom, Dad, and I ate lunch together. Dad and I went to the public library (I had mentioned the printer capabilities to my friend Maureen earlier in the weekend; and we have been without Internet accessibility at home for over a week and a half), and I helped Maureen troubleshoot her flight problems (we made a run to her apartment for documents). Kelly, Mom, Dad, and I went to Eat 'N' Park near Jo-Anne S.'s apartment for dinner.
~~~~~
Monday the 22nd brought an appointment to my primary care physician and a visit to Tokyo Buffet by the whole family---Mom, Dad, Kelly, me (William and Marissa and children arrived much later due to a flat tire). I had a nice long nap afterwards.
~~~~~
Tuesday the 23rd (today) brought a visit to physical therapy, lunch at Taco Bell, and yet another annual visit to the specialist.
~~~
I've been writing/answering Christmas cards this week, and look forward to singing at Christmas Eve Mass. I've also been answering my students' emails from various computers on campus, at UPMC, and in the public library.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home