Conference of Roman Catholic Cathedral Musicians---James David Christie
Tuesday after work, I had physical therapy, then Gloria and I stopped by Stacy's apartment to practice the Alto (II) parts. I then dropped by the concert by James David Christie as the re-inaugural concert for the von Beckerath organ. I arrived in time to enjoy most of the Fuga in E Minor piece by Johann Heinrich Buttstett, as well as
Praeludium in D Minor (G. Bohm)
intermission
Six pieces III. Sortie en si bemol majeur (J. Guy Ropartz)
Elegie (A. Barie)
Suite Medievale V. Acclamations (J. Langlais)
Elegie (J.D. Christie)
Sonata in D Minor, Op 42 III. Final (A. Guilmant)
Joe and Tina and I greeted Mr. Christie after the performance downstairs in the Social Hall. We chatted about blind organists, those blind folks we knew who play/ed organ, the tragedy of teaching blind children how to become only telephone operators, etc.
Joe was trying to find a musician from Minnesota, and I harangued Lisa, Ken, and Don about whether there might be someone matching that description at the gathering after the concert.... We all enjoyed the cookies after the concert.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home