Sunday, February 08, 2009

Playin' (and Singin')

I graded papers yesterday, and asked William if I could stop by their home yesterday afternoon. He dialed, and Beata said, "Do you want to play with us?" I went to their home and she danced in circles like an ice skater; we learned some sign language.

William asked me if I had taught her the sign for helicopter...."Yes, but I had only signed it once at your house." They had been trying to figure out where she had learned it, as it was in none of the books, William and Marissa hadn't taught her, and Beata was signing helicopter.

We held the kids up in the air, causing great delight, and then Beata and I played "Go Fish." We had dinner of quiche ("Gimme a quiche,...gimme a hug"), veggies, and rice. Solomon, in his inimitable style, vocalized happiness as he consumed his meal.

~~~~~
Later, after six o'clock Mass, I met up with Don to drive chez Lisa and Ken's for a Folk Music Mass sing-a-long. The ride up we discussed prayer and vocations. The guitars were tuned up, the kitchen table was slowly being unloaded of desserts, the choristers were ready, and we were joined by friends of Ken and Lisa, Nancy & Ronald and Chuck & Maggie (our only stars of the evening, as the sky was warmer and overcast). The ride back we discussed Don's introduction to the organ.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home