Saturday, March 07, 2009

Spring Break 2009

Yesterday afternoon was the beginning of Spring Break for Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh. Yesterday, on my way to physical therapy I saw the mass exodus down Fifth Avenue out of Oakland.

I noted to my students this week, "Don't go looking for me next week, because I won't be here." and, "Next week is Spring Break---you have a break from me [and I have a break from you]."

Choir candy orders were handed in this week during rehearsal, and I handed back all papers from my students (which they gave me this week) by 12:30pm Friday.

I started my first full day of Spring Break with a retreat with Parish Pastoral Council after the second morning Mass (the televised one). Sr. Susan from the diocese of Greensburg led the retreat.
~~~~~
Maureen and I walked to the Carnegie Library and looked at some great magazines and books. We stopped at the bead shop on the way back.
~~~~~~~
Karina and I went for ice cream in Squirrel Hill, to kick off the summer. We also stopped in Avalon Exchange for belts and buckles.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home