Saturday, June 20, 2009

On the "Road" Again...to Healing

As I heal, I'm making smarter snack choices: Last night, I had corn, prunes, and yummy yogurt.

I'm on the road to healing. This time (this leg), I am trying to focus on stepping on an "egg" in my arch of my operated leg while using the crutches...to focus on placing a little more weight than I would normally place on my operated leg, and to place that weight in a central location on my foot. Note that this method of walking may cause more pain afterward, but, hey, it's supposed to help bone growth into the prosthetic.

My prosthetic is a non-cemented device, just somewhat "knocked" into my bone, then allowed to grow into the bone. My last operation last summer resulted in fine bone growth into the prosthetic, with my ceili dancing a little over two months out of the operating room.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home