Sunday, September 13, 2009

Out with the Girls

Friday and Saturday were times out with the girls.

Friday day the teachers heard Joanne from campus instructional design (CIDDE) present a powerpoint presentation on "Teaching in Labs." I shared my "thumbs up, thumbs down" voting and ensuing classroom discussion scheme with my colleagues during the discussion session.
Dad helped me to organize my teacher's seating chart (with info from Tim A. at Panther Central).
Maureen and Karina and I returned to Maureen's favorite store to get security tags removed from purchased clothing. We also made a few purchases, which were end-of-season. We dined at our favorite Thai restaurant in Highland Park.

Saturday I attempted to make transfer/shuttle bus arrangements for family's upcoming trip (I was not too successful). I walked to work and updated my rosters, attendance and grade sheets, and seating charts.
Maureen picked me and Karina up for the Accordian Pool Party at Leslie Pool in Lawrenceville. Susan wes a co-organizer of the party, and I saw Charles, his folks, Susan, Franklin and his wife Abby (who was one of the accordianists), Jo (who helped teach Eastern European folk dance), Adam and Frank (from Saturday dancing), and William, who arrived later. We enjoyed the music and watching people dance in the pool. I also assisted Susan whilst she folded (accordian-style!) the afternoon's brochures.
Maureen, Karina, and I went for pizzas (quattro stagione, salsiccia e cibolle), then went to the Indian community gathering (which William told us about) in Schenley Plaza. There Maureen purchased a beautiful sky blue Indian outfit. We enjoyed a dessert of sweetened cream of wheat. The lights were particularly inspiring, the music rhythmically repetitive that evening.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home