The Blind Side
I awoke early this morning to check email; arrange a meeting with Ellen, my coworker; and to prepare for next week's plant lab. I looked over the lab exercise as well as the powerpoint presentation. I took a long (two hour) nap. Then Mom, Dad, and I went to the noon Mass to celebrate J & T's fortieth wedding anniversary. We walked together with the celebrants to More's restaurant for a celebratory lunch. Mom, Dad, and I enjoyed the ground steak with pasta and salad. Coffee ice cream and T's homemade pecan and coconut cookies were for dessert. T's sister, J, lost her balance and took a spill after dessert. She was relatively okay after that incident.
We all walked to Mom and Dad's building after, and I studied the plant anatomy and physiology lab for about half an hour before calling Ellen at about 16.15. I met her at work after walking through the brisk, windy day and we shared notes, ideas, and organization of the lab for the next hour and a quarter or so. I shared my email to my students, which included: Changes to the plant lab, Agenda for the Plant Lab, and Clean Up for the Plant Lab.
I then walked to Mom and Dad's to pick up my purse. Jeff and Christina picked me up for a mini-reunion of Faith-sharing group: We dined out at Damon's and enjoyed a movie afterwards. I enjoyed a salmon salad with cheese and sliced hard-boiled egg with ranch dressing. We then purchased tickets for the movie The Blind Side. Excellent movie with Sandra Bullock (the latest I had seen with her was The Lake House, with Mom).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home