At the close of Liturgical Year 2009
Today in choir Don made a point of pointing out that I always say "God's [holy] Church," whereas the liturgy is written as "God's church." "You always say that," he noted.
After Ken's organ voluntary I told Don, "Yeah, I always say that, and there are other parts of the Mass that I say differently." I highlighted the Creed line "and us men, and our salvation." I told Don, "I NEVER say men. I'm not a man!" I also mentioned that in other languages that "Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter into my house/home" translates differently than the English "Lord, I am not worthy to receive You." Don talked about how that line will change soon.
This Sunday was the announcement of Fr. Andrew's departure for St. Alphonsus in Wexford.
Next Sunday is the Feast of Christ the King! [everybody celebrate here]
Labels: Choir, Church, Faith, prayer, St. Paul Cathedral

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home