Saturday, November 07, 2009

Jewelry Making for Make-A-WIsh

Yesterday, I went with Maureen and Karina to Whole Foods for grocery shopping and dining. I ate some pear, Cabot sharp cheese, and we chatted. Karina had brought a camera, so we took some pictures of us.

This morning Mom and I went to a church bazaar. I then rode the bus downtown to the Rivers Club for a Jewelry Making party. On the way there (on foot) I stopped in a CD store to purchase a copy of the Quattro Stagioni. I arrived slightly late for the event, but quickly got to work on my first chunky necklace. Cheryle L. helped several tables to start and to finish our projects. Nancy appeared soon after I completed my necklace.
We ate a buffet lunch of sandwiches, wraps, homemade potato chips, pasta and greens salads, and a selection of desserts from the dessert tray (cream puffs, chocolate-dipped strawberries, lemon curd tarts, etc.) I sipped Earl Grey tea, too. I then completed a matching bracelet. Then, the drawing for the Chinese auction benefitting the Make-A-Wish foundation followed. I won a statuette called "Crysalis" by Willow Tree. I paid for the jewelry projects I completed, and then Nancy and I went to the CD store for more purchases, to the Point Park University Library to observed the aquarium in the lobby, and then to a store on Forbes Avenue for a purchase of fashion jewelry and gifts.

Tonight Karina and I will observe a matchmaking festival.

This is my third go at typing this post(!)
~~~
Karina and I went to the fest, and found that there is no folk dancing or live folk music, but that there WAS a cover charge. We departed to pick up my dancing shoes and to go dancing in Squirrel Hill with a live band. We both had a grand time, dancing with regulars and others, as well.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home