Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009 II

I made my way up to the choir loft this morning during the rite of Communion. Slowly, people filled the loft, with Ken at the organ console. We had abbreviated preludes from last night, as we got started ~11.40

Brass & Organ: Canzon noni toni (G. Gabrieli)
Choir: Infant Holy, Infant Lowly (Trad. Polish carol, arr. R.G. Farrell)
A Boy Was Born (16th C. text, R.G. Farrell)
Gesu Bambino (P.A. Yon)
Gaudete (Piae Cantiones, 1582--arr. by R. J. Batastini; verses, J.S. Cook)

At noon we sang the processional hymn,

O Come, All Ye Faithful (arr. Cherwien)
Gloria--A Community Mass (R. Proulx)
Psalm 96 (J. Chepponis)
Christmastime Alleluia (J. Chepponis)
Preparation of Gifts: O Holy Night/ Cantique de Noel (A. Adam)
Sanctus, Memorial, and Amen Acclamations--A Community Mass (R. Proulx)
Agnus Dei--Holy Cross Mass (D. Isele)
Communion: The First Nowell (17th C. English carol)
Silent Night (F. X. Gruber, German text J. Mohr, Engl. transl. by J.F. Young)
Christmas Lullaby (J. Rutter)
Recessional: Joy to the World (arr. J.W. Jenkins)
Postlude: In dir ist Freude

Mom, Dad, Kelly, and I enjoyed cold cuts, cheeses, spreads, dips, adobo with rice, chunk crab meat, green salad with dried and fresh fruits, the fruit tray, breads, and crackers. I invited Karina over this evening at seven.

We have all enjoyed good naps, and Dad has just woken up from his nap, as well.
~~~
23.25
Karina arrived ~19.00 and we chatted for a while. Mom and Dad returned from the pharmacy with meds for Kelly's cold. Dad and Karina and I dined on lunch leftovers and deliciousness, chatted, and generally enjoyed our company. Mom watched Monk while waiting for her blood pressure to lower. I drove Karina home at about 21.30 and then Mom and I worked on PAMS organizational meeting invites, and purchased trip insurance for her and dad.

We just checked her email for the policy and details....it all appears to be in place.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home