New Year's Day 2009
I went to Mass (BVM, the Mother of God) at the Oratory at 10 today. I spoke to Julia, Don, and their seven-month-old daughter Maria. I met up with Jeff, Maureen, and Karina after Mass and First Friday adoration, as well.
The four of us walked to the Indian restaurant, arriving at ~11.15. We went to the Indian grocery store to get warm and to while the time (cilantro!) before 11.30. The man at the register indicated that the restaurant would open at 13.00. So we went to get hot drinks at a coffee shop on Forbes Avenue to spend the time (boy, that dark hot chocolate was really good!) and then to eat at the New Year's buffet at the Indian restaurant. The goat curry was good, as was the tutti frutti dessert.
We walked to Fifth and Craig, where Jeff used his gift card at the NE corner coffee shop. I just returned to Mom and Dad's home, as they called me during lunch to type / do administrative work for the medical society.
Labels: celebration, chocolate, Choir, dining, friends, Mass, medical mission, Philippines, Pilipino culture, shopping, volunteering, walking

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home