No Choir Practice: Evita
Because we have no choir practice tonight, Maureen and I went to see Evita for my birthday present.
.....
Earlier today, Mom, Dad, and I met up with Marissa and the children for lunch at a Japanese buffet, and later this afternoon all of us plus William met up for Hawai'ian bread, homemade Saint Padraig's organic cupcakes, cheese, dried strawberries, and LARGE grapefruit. We had a "wedding," too, and a reception, as well, where Solomon did not wear his witch's hat.
.....
Evita was presented by the Point Park University Conservatory Theatre Company. Artistic license was taken with the set design...the choreography was designed and executed in close-to-Broadway fashion. Thoughtful moves included: Che and the older Eva Peron dancing without touching hands, indicative of the distance between them (though Evita was from the people, she was no longer of them); and as soon as the duet-singing younger Eva Duarte left the bedside of the older Eva, Evita Peron's character begins to wane.
Executed with finesse, the show was the second musical by the Point Park students I have seen at the Playhouse. The first was "Grand Hotel," which I ushered. Both showcased the talents of the students and faculty of Point Park.
Bravi!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home