Music for the Spirit, February 2011, Saint Paul Cathedral
Thursday evening I went to the Music for the Spirit concert by the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra and the Mendelssohn Choir at St. Paul Cathedral.
I was one of the first 50 people in the door, and spoke with Fr. Breier before entering the church for the concert. Also spoke with Bob and his daughter.
The performance, which consisted of musical orchestral movements alternated with readings from spiritual/religious texts, was nothing short of Spectacular. I was spiritually uplifted by the evening.
The horn player who performed from the loft, the chimes played from the tall ladder, the rolling tympani players all enchanted me during the concert.
Ken, who played the organ prelude as well as the last few minutes of the Mahler piece fortissimo! on the von Beckerath, said that it was a wonderful performance of these oft-unheard pieces of sacred music.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home