Des Hommes et Des Dieux (Of Gods and Men); Scotch and Soda's Cabaret
Our gang set up the practical exam for Monday morning. Abby and I "took" the exam, checking to make certain that there were no missing parts.
~~~~
Lunch at Mom and Dad's followed, then a brief nap, then we went to Squirrel Hill to see Of Gods and Men, a movie based on the true story of a Roman Catholic monastic community intertwined with their Muslim Algerian villager neighbors when terrorism strikes. The movie story line covered up to their kidnapping. One of the monks from the community is alive today. The credits thanked the Monastery of Tamie's. Lisa from choir and Jim from Race and Reconciliation had both recommended the movie; we all went away spiritually moved.
~~~~~
Maureen and I went to Cabaret by Scotch and Soda last night. We chatted with Jess, Don, and Judi before the show, as well as Chris W., who was running the light board. Alex Di. played Herr Schultz across from Fraulein Schneider. Other parts included the Emcee, played brilliantly by Matt Zurcher. All the main and supporting characters were played well, and the cabaret girls and boys danced and performed with just the right amount of professionalism.
Notable numbers included "Mein Herr" (a selection found on the MSO's first album), and of course, "Cabaret," which was performed with pathos by Sally Bowles (Shannon Deep). There was a notable change to the ending (from the version I saw in the last few shows of the last season at Studio 54), which left us feeling a tad anticlimactic.
~~~~~~~
Maureen and I enjoyed a snack at Eat and Park afterwards, and I chatted with my friend Grace on the West Coast, too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home