My and My Dad's Thoughts...a recent conversation
me: Dad, what do most little boys less than five years old say that they want to be when they grow up?
Dad: A Soldier!
me: What else?
Dad: A fireman, (etc. etc.)
me: I agree, I think a fireman makes the top three for boys....
...and for girls less than five years old?
Dad: a mommy!
me: and...?
Dad: (silence)
me: what about a ballerina?...
...or a princess? (pause)
I think Catherine looked fine until a short time before her wedding. Then, she lost a LOT of weight. What message does that give little girls?
You know, just a couple of generations ago she wouldn't want to be skinny. It would mean her family couldn't afford to feed her well. It just shows you how powerful the fashion industry is, that it even reaches into the royal family.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home