Sunday, September 11, 2011

Registering to Vote, First Choir Rehearsal, Lectoring, Recommending, Meeting with Colleagues

Wednesday evening in class my teaching assistant and I encouraged our students to register to vote. Throughout this week I have had students making up the first lab, or lab exercises, and asking questions about the sample questions they were given. I also had two students requesting recommendations for programs of study this week. Friday I met with Stacey and Tiffany to discuss the questions assigned to the students.

Thursday was our first choir rehearsal. Snackage was provided by Carl and Monica. We had a goodly number of new voices in choir.

Friday was a day for me to lector. It was the Memorial of St. Peter Claver. Fr. Donald Breier celebrated the Mass, with John De. serving, Don providing music ministry from the loft, and Sally D. as the Eucharistic minister. Approximately 33+ people from the congregation received Holy Communion.

Saturday was a prep day for next week's lab. On the way to meeting Nancy for a study session at the library, I ran into the BioDiversity Fair, where I heard about community projects, picked up a map of Schenley Park, and planted a Kentucky coffee tree with Maeve at the Tree Pittsburgh booth. We met, decided to eat (not at an Indian restaurant in Oakland), stopped at an Indian restaurant in Squirrel Hill (after picking up Maureen), and ended up at China Star, a great, authentic restaurant with great portions. I had the braised duck noodle soup. We shared some appetizers, as well--beef and silken tofu (Sichuan) and an egg drop soup that had almost an omelette in it!

We went to Maureen's for a bridal party fashion show as well as for cookie snacks from gluutony and Mineo's cannoli and Prantl's almond torte.

Nancy gave me a ride home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home