Saturday, August 27, 2011

Agustin's Birthday, a Death Anniversary, French Bakery

Today was my Dad's brother's (Agustin's) birthday. Dad and I went to Mass this morning, and Fr. Steve P and John De served this morning. Maureen was at Mass, too, and we met after to go to the French bakery in Lawrenceville. Before leaving, I chatted with the Kesickis and with Elaine about travelling ("I learn the most and the fastest about myself and about the world when I travel"), about hip replacements, and about Mass and a bakery in Regensburg, Germany.

I waited in line at the bakery whilst Maureen got her coffee across the street. The line wended its way several dozen feet away from the bakery. The couple in front of me had never visited here before, and had visited the other French bakery in Millvale earlier in the morning. The woman of the partnership had asked me what I recommended. "Everything is good, but the eclairs are good, too." Maureen and I split a kugelhof, which has raisins, and almonds on the outside of sweet egg bread; and we each got a croissant aux amandes. Delicious!

I saw Stacy and her twin sister Gail outside, and her sister's husband, Richard inside. They will be painting her mom's apartment today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home