Sunday, August 21, 2011

Walking about, Carnegie Public Library, Louis Evely

Today I met Maureen after the ten o'clock Mass, we drove to get her little donuts, we parked by the public library and walked to Kiva Han (for grits), but I ended up with decaf coffee. We went to the public library, as I encouraged Maureen to listen to some of Barry's songs as instrumental/Muzak/100 Strings settings. We greeted my friend and colleague Carlos at the Music Department, and explained to him what we were looking for. He sent us to the Pop Music area, and then continued to search whilst we browsed the CDs. I checked out the music on my library card (along with something for Mom and Dad), and Carlos chatted with us for a while. He inquired as to the use of the music...

"Detention," Maureen intoned, as I said,
"Educational purpose."

Her answer brought a broad chuckle to his features, and caused his colleague behind the desk to seek out another desk.

We agreed that Carlos could get in touch with me through our "day jobs" at the Uni, should Maureen still have an interest in that music.

"Well, maybe there wasn't much interest in it," I said.
And later, "Margaret Mary Kimmel always said that public libraries should always offend everyone..."
And then, "There is A demand (singular) for it."

We then stopped by my house, so I could pick up supplies, we went to her house to help her prepare for school tomorrow (detention, a letter for parents) and to look at Father David's Facebook page, where we read quotes by Louis Evely, a Belgian priest and then layperson who lived during the Twentieth Century.

Then we went to Staples to print out the letter and photocopy it...To Trader Joe's, and then to Target. Dinner (for me) was at Qdoba. I am one meal away from getting credit for another meal at Qdoba. I also enjoyed sour cream dip with potato chips I purchased this afternoon.

Catching up with blogging now, and I will go to a later Mass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home