Carnegie Museum of Natural History, August 2011
This morning I lectored at Mass. Fr. Steve P. celebrated the Mass, John De. served, Ken provided music ministry, and Sally D served as Eucharistic minister. About 27 people from the congregation received Holy Communion. Fr. Barry visited the sacristy before Mass (he is one of the people I have prayed for, all over Europe). Ken handed me an envelop from Lisa with a bookmark from the Benedictines of Sacre Coeur.
Marissa and the children invited me to the zoo today. Dad drove me to their home, and there was rain and THUNDERation there. We thus changed our plans to go to the Carnegie Museum of Natural History, where we enjoyed the discovery room (with a new cast of an Egyptian statue)---I found out there is no electricity in most of Oakland when I called back the pharmacy---the Fossil Fuels cafe (I wanted to be in a room with natural light, in case the power went out), and the temporary exhibits called "Explore Evolution" (where we enjoyed the fly karaoke) and called "Gigapixel Imaging for Science"'s photographs. We finished the visit with a visit to the Animals of North America and of Africa. Fun photos throughout...
Marissa gave me a ride to the pharmacy (in Oakland, where some traffic lights don't work), I went first to Thackeray Hall and then to Thaw Hall to meet with my teaching assistant. I received calls from the University Emergency System about the closing of campus, and a call from Mom about the campus being closed. My teaching assistant and I agreed to meet again before class in a week and a half.
I walked back home (Karina spotted me ambling back on my way home), and made lemonade and then made some deposits for the medical society. I'm hot, and ready for a nice cool shower.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home