After Mass, 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time 2011
Today we practiced new music to go with the changes to the Roman missal before Mass...Don acted as the cantor at the very beginning of Mass and lead the congregation in the practice of the Gloria (J. Lee, like chant) and the Holy Holy Holy (R. Proulx), and acclamations (Proulx, again) before we sang "Christ is Made the Sure Foundation," Linda cantored whilst Fr. Steve Palsa celebrated the Mass with another priest for the baptism after Mass.
Linda sang the Kyrie (chant), the choir sang
Gloria (antiphonal Mass, J. Lee)
Psalm 80 (v.1-3, R. Kreutz)
Alleluia (J. Berthier)
Benediction (for M. Farrell, Bob Farrell)
Holy Holy Holy (Community Mass, R. Proulx)
Acclamation and Amen (Community Mass, R. Proulx)
Agnus dei (Missa Brevis, Lotti)
The Bread of Life (E. Englert)
Cantate Domino (H.L. Hassler)
As Stewards of a Vineyard (DeVries and Ellecombe)
Told Ken and Don about the PhD movie, which has a scene in the movie of a new piece of equipment that has switches reminiscent of the stops on an organ, and "I could just hear the organ music playing." Spoke with Alice and D. after Mass. D is discerning and asking for prayers. I spoke about the Ratio and Fide portions of making decisions: I often do a Reason/Ratio exercise first. I come up with priorities, criteria, and there are some solutions to the problem which present themselves. I rank the solutions according to criteria, and the rankings produce an answer or answers that stand out from the rest. THEN, I throw away the "answer" from the Ratio exercise and ask "What do I want? What does God want for me now?" Which may be the same answer or a different answer...
If you want a good joke, consider the answer to this question: "What does God want from me 5-10 years from now?"
For an even better joke, consider the answer to this question: "How does God want me to attain the answer to the question directly above?"
I told D that when you are going through a difficult time, you ask others to pray for you. "We are praying for you," I said, "But, as my mom says, you must pray for yourself, as well."
I also told D that when you need spiritual guidance one often prays to Jesus or Mary for guidance. "My dad also says to pray to the Holy Spirit, for inspiration, to be moved to do the right thing."
And so we parted ways to start our post-Mass Sunday afternoons.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home