Christmas Day 2011
It was lovely to sing for Christmas Day, with the pews full of people, and it was standing room only, as it was Christmas Eve. The choir sang, with Ken at the organ and the brass and tympani:
Gaudete!(arr. R. Batastini)
A Boy Was Born (R. Farrell)
Sussex Carol (I. Higginson)
Fanfare and Variations on Noel Nouvelet (R. Haan) Played by Ken on organ and the Brass Quartet
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!
See Amid the Winter's Snow (J. Goss)
O Come, All Ye Faithful (arr. Cherwien)
Christmas Gloria (arr. Daniel Laginya)
Psalm 96 (J. Chepponis)
Christmastime Alleluia (J. Chepponis)
Preparation of Gifts, Christmas Lullaby (J. Rutter)
Sanctus, Memorial & Amen Acclamations -- Community Mass (R. Proulx)
Agnus Dei (chant, plainsong)
The First Nowell
Gesu Bambino (P. Yon)
Joy to the World (arr. Jenkins)
Postlude, Brass; Postlude Organ: In Dir ist Freude/ In Thee is Gladness (J.S. Bach)
for the last choral piece (Joy to the World) we all donned reindeer headgear (since I already had a jingle headband, I donned a present bow....
I went to Mom and Dad's to find William's family and Kelly eating lunch there, post-present-opening!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home