Saturday, April 21, 2012

About Friday Morning...

At about 2.30 Friday morning I was awakened by the notification system for campus regarding a new slew of threats to campus. This time, I couldn't get back to sleep. So I checked out the blog/ web log described by Emily (a friend from choir) who talked Thursday night about a blog set up by the husband of a current graduate student. Early Friday morning I also checked out the comments on a Forbes magazine article posted in the wee hours of the same night....many angry and upset students and parents responding to thoughts and concepts mentioned in the Forbes article, mentioning ideas that lead to possible future regulations of the Internet.

All very good thoughts, but couldn't we have had these discussions (albeit, a little less heatedly) withOUT the threats to campus security and to the security of the greater community?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home