Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Calm...

So it's been since Saturday night that the last threat has hit. As described in yesterday's posting, there has been no threat since then posted by the emergency notification system. Yesterday, a friend and I worked on grading (I got to a little less than halfway finished yesterday). My friend/ colleague actually travelled to a cafeteria on campus (!) for a takeout/ takeaway lunch. We worked for a total of about seven hours together.

I rode the bus with a neighbor of mom and dad's. Dinner was leftovers. I worked for a while longer, getting past the half-way mark of grading (not scoring).

Students are being calm (cautiously), as described in a particularly informative Post-Gazette article today.

I am now familiar with:
KEEP CALM
and
CARRY ON

~~~~
(on T-shirts sold on a campus corner:)
KEEP CALM
and
HAIL TO PITT

~~~~
(and the whole front page of the Pitt News yesterday was:)
KEEP CALM
and
IF SAFE TO DO
SO, PICK UP THIS
NEWSPAPER
~~~~

I think I'll "KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON."

~
Here is the latest from the Pitt News on the threats...withdrawal after withdrawal of the rewards...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home