After Work This Friday...Flight of the Butterflies
After work yesterday (Friday) I graded papers, had dinner of pot roast, and Maureen and I met Nancy for a cinema/ movie and laser show fest at Carnegie Science Center last night. Maureen and I saw the eight o'clock show of Flight of the Butterflies at the IMAX theater. Nancy had already told us that she had viewed this movie and that it was marvelous. She saw the Bob Marley show upstairs in the Buhl Planetarium concurrently.
I had found someone's belongings in the ladies room before, and had turned it in to the concession desk. Just as we were entering the theater, I asked a gentleman working there where he recommended we sit. We sat as close to the dome as we could....The scenes from the movie were magnificent, especially the flying scenes and the scenes filmed in Mexico. Like many field workers, the workers in Mexico were questioned as to whether they were searching for lost treasure or precious metals.
After the movie, we met at a table in the concession area. I told Nancy and Maureen my two butterfly stories (involving Pittsburgh butterflies and involving Monarchs of the California coast). Maureen and I left Nancy to go home and watch the Pirates game from Dodger Stadium. Maureen and I just got under the wire to get our favorite sweet potato fries in my neighborhood. We ate them with sassy mayonnaise and then surfed Facebook chez Maureen. I went home and slept soundly.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home