Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday- Lector at early Mass

Today is the nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time.  I covered for my friend Ed for lecturing at Mass this morning, since I did not have to sing in choir, as the season has yet to start.  Fr. Steven P celebrated, with Debbie Z as cantatrice and Don at the mighty von Beckerath organ console, and Michael as server. 

We entered to the hymn "Praise to the Lord," and sang the
Lord, Have Mercy
Gloria (Chant Mass VIII)
Psalm 33 (33:1, 12, 18-19, 20-22)
Gospel Acclamation (J. Chepponis)
Holy, Holy, Holy (Roman Missal)
more acclamations from the Roman Missal
Agnus Dei (Chant Mass XVIII)
Communion:  All You Nations (L. Deiss)
Recessional Hymn: God Whose Giving Knows No Ending

The Liturgy of the Word included:
Wisdom 18:6-9
Hebrews 11:1-2, 8-19 (long reading)
(both read by me)
and
Luke 12:32-48
(the Gospel was read by Fr. Steven)
~~~~~
Mom and Dad went to noon Mass, and I met them as it was ending.  Mom and I spoke with Fr. Steven after noon Mass, and all three of us spoke with Fr. Kris, too.  I treated everyone to Mexican food and we also did some shopping for Fall at Waterworks Mall.  We then stopped by for grocery shopping. 
Jen and I will go to a movie tonight.  I got cookies for that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home