Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Columbus/ Native People's Day 2013, Bead Night

Yesterday was Columbus Day/ Native People's Day.  In the morning I dropped off graded papers for my students.   They were from our current project, a group proposal for deep-sea research.  I hope they pick them up before their proposals are due next week.   I also met with a student about math issues.

I helped Mom with online/ computer problems re:  her class,  et al. early yesterday afternoon.

Yesterday was Bead Night with Betty.  I designed and made a set (necklace, bracelet, earrings) composed of beads from the Philippines, Austria, and China.  It is denim blue, champagne Swarovski crystal, and glass jasper beads.  I also made a set of black and gold earrings of acrylic beads and golden-colored beads, with the help of Betty.  Quite a productive night, all over a peanut butter and banana sandwich half. 

Dad went fishing with Tito Larry and Tita Tina yesterday afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home