Monday, December 16, 2013

PAPAGP Christmas Party Saturday, Beatrice's Piano Recital on Sunday

Saturday morning consisted of breakfast with Maureen and Carolyn at the bakery in Highland Park, after picking up Maureen's boots at the shoe repair in Fox Chapel.  We enjoyed strata (with croissants and sausage), cheese and raspberry danish, cinnamon buns, and coffee.  I went on a search for a specific nightlight on Walnut Street in Shadyside, to no avail.

Mom, Dad, and I went to the PAPAGP Christmas party, where they were Lolo and Lola "Mano Po", there was also Santa for the little ones, buffet dinner, the Christmas pageant (Solomon borrowed my cane as his shepherd's crook/ staff, Beatrice was an angel), contests including climbing the bamboo pole (Beatrice won, despite the fact that her flag was firmly attached...she eventually got it loose), and yoyos.  Dessert was great, too.

We exited the school on Mount Washington to a slurry of wintry mix (snow-turned-into-rain) in the parking lot.
~~~~

The piano division gave their recital Sunday afternoon at four o'clock. Beatrice performed "Staccato Caprice" by Palmer.  It went smoothly, with only one minor, barely detectable error (save by Lola).  She played excellently, considering she was vomiting with a stomach bug for most of the morning.  I asked for an autograph of my program, and she happily acquiesced.

Earlier Sunday I sang in the choir for Gaudete Sunday.  Ken took a photo for Lisa and me of the "Gaudettes."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home