Sunday, February 23, 2014

This past week...

at work, we finished a four-week-long molecular biology experiment.  Write-ups are being done now, on the weekend.  Thursday before choir Dad and I went to the Strip District and to Bloomfield for veggie groceries.  Kelly came Friday.  Maureen came in from the little city Friday, too.  She and I went out at Eat N Park in Squirrel Hill.  I enjoyed the (slightly overdone) liver and onions plate.

Saturday Maureen and I went to Nancy's neighborhood to shop, enjoy lunch, and to go to the mall.  I started coming down with a cold that afternoon (sore throat).  Went to Dee Dee's birthday party/dance practice for the kids.  Much fun by all.

Today I missed choir because of my incipient cold (post-nasal drip).  I enjoyed hearing the choir from the congregation.  The hymn at the preparation of gifts was "Spirit of God," by Louis S. Valenti, which we sung in Espagna.  The post-communion hymn was "O Sacrum Convivium" by G. Croce.  Both beautiful pieces.

Took Mom and Dad out for big fish sandwiches for lunch.  I took a nap this afternoon, listened to Felix Mendelssohn's Concerto in E minor played by Rachel Barton Pine, and took a nice hot shower.  Had some ginger green peach cold tea for my throat, as well.

Friday the instructors split into two groups---we made the biochemical pathways PowerPoint slide presentation interactive!  That was fun, working with the assembly line enzymes concept.  Saturday morning I prepped for work, Saturday after a nap and during the practice I prepared for classes/ work.  This morning (Sunday) I also prepared for next week's interactive slide presentation.  I need to work on timing before Monday's class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home