Sub-Freezing Temperatures, Two Fire Alarms, and Cancelled Choir Practice, O My!
Today there were sub-freezing temperatures. As I was preparing to hand out the quizzes at the beginning of class, the fire alarm went off. I presented much of my slide presentation on transformed plasmids and a miniprep to isolate bacterial plasmids in Alumni Hall. Only one student was missing, JM, who had left to print out a document before lab class started. Twenty minutes passed from when the alarm went off to when we returned to the classroom. I poured the gels as they took the quizzes. The very last group imaged their gels fifteen minutes after class ended.
I went home to have leftovers for lunch, returned to serve in the office hours room with Mitch, changed a file format for two of Marian's students in G11, when the fire alarm went off again. Mitch decided to leave. L, a re-entry student, spotted me and asked me questions in Alumni Hall. The alarm lasted at least ten minutes. Jean and I chatted before entering the building again. Sub-freezing temperatures with perfect powdery snow which turned into wet snow were on tap late this morning into the afternoon.
Choir practice was cancelled tonight due to low attendance and the weather, and my seatmate, Jennifer H, and I dined on Craig Street. I had roasted beet, chevre, and candied pecan green salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing and a steamed soy milk with almond flavoring cup. I helped Jen brush the snow off her car after sliding to her parking spot. Caught up on correspondence to my students.
Need to check on my bills for this month.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home