Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pittsburgh Marathon, Mass, Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra this afternoon

Thanks to a neighbor, I spotted PSO Mozart tickets for this afternoon. My friend from
choir and I greatly enjoyed not only the sacred music (which we sing
chorally), but also the charm and vocal gymnastics of the soloists, and
the operatic excerpts.
What an entertaining performance!
~~~~~
This morning, I went to watch the wheelchair racers for the Pittsburgh Marathon before 7.30 AM.  The policeman at the barricade near Saint Paul Cathedral indicated that the wheelchairs were at the Birmingham Bridge and Carson Street shortly before 7.30.  The first runners arrived shortly after the halfway point soon before 8.00.  I cheered there until after the 4 hour: 45 minute time pacer ran, then went home to pour warm water on my hands, change into my Sunday Mass clothing, and go to Sunday Mass.  I walked over with Judy, Gloria, and Steve; and I sat behind Oscar at Mass.  There were fewer than a hundred people at Mass, mainly due to road closures for the Marathon.
~~~~~
I had invited Jennifer to join me at the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra---the Finale of the Mozart Fest.  We drove down, parked at Fort Pitt Blvd by Gene's former workplace, and walked to see the Marathon/snacks at Crazy Mocha/search for a bookstore before finding our seats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home