Saturday- Day before Graduation
Yesterday was Saturday. I had two long naps around lunchtime (>= 1.5 hours each) yesterday. I also cleaned out the extra credit (origami embryo) projects from this semester, and some of my past biology curricula files, making room for averages and results over the next semesters. Threw out two tall kitchen trash bags full of paper.
I then went to get a samosa and "Magic Masala" Lay's India-imported potato chips, which I shared some of with Mom and Dad (saw Mom's student Jeremy along the way). I polished off the munchies, then went for a walk to Hillman, across the Schenley Plaza green, and past Bellefield Hall. Families and gaggles of friends were out in full force enjoying the cool, clear, sunny skies and the company of their graduates on the sidewalks as well as in the restaurants.
I joined up at Mom and Dad's, where they were having dinner with Tito Larry and Tita Tina Purpura. We talked about a new television series about a neurologist with bipolar disorder, "Black Box," and Kay Redfield Jamison, who is a professor (and co-director of the Mood Disorders Clinic) at Johns Hopkins, as well as PAMS and watching the Penguins game (Yay! 3-1 against Columbus in the Stanley Cup playoff downtown...the hometown crowd was out in full force, including on the plaza watching the big-screen television).
I went home to sleep soon after the game ended ~9.40 PM.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home