OvreArts: Pittsburghers at an Exhibition
After a relaxing afternoon and dinner with Mom and Dad, I headed to Heinz Chapel for a concert presented by OvreArts: Pittsburghers at an Exhibition.
http://ovrearts.org/
I saved seats for Monica and Carl, and spotted Chris M, who was one of the organizers, composers, and musicians of the evening; and warmly greeted Bob and Mariann. Bob had submitted three compositions, three of which were accepted. The compositions were performed with facsimiles of the artwork projected on a screen. One was a couple-dozen foot scroll called "Permutations" by his friend from Carnegie Mellon University, Kristen Kovak. Another was a watercolor, "Old House on the Hill," by his friend William Vrscak, accompanied by the composition "House on the Hillside." The third composition by Bob was also accompanied by artwork by Mr. Vrscak, called Reflections on the Strip," which had light trumpet work, reminiscent of the clear, bright reflecting puddles in a rainy day in the Strip.
We saw Judi and Don after the concert, and I exclaimed with a smile, "It's great fun not seeing you so often!" Don responded with, "I was going to say I missed you..." We also spotted Sean and his mom Lisa, as well as Jaimie and Chris P at intermission, when we viewed the plastic art in the narthex.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home