Friday, January 16, 2015

Auntie Mimang's Mass- 40 days after her passing

I just received the email below from Mom:

Just came from the Mass for Enya at St. Paul Cathedral (the Mother Church of Pittsburgh). The Service was truly BEAUTIFUL & TOUCHING.  The Rector of the Cathedral  officiated. Tears lingered in my eyes when the organist played " IT Is No Secret"  at the Offertory especially at the part " with arms wide open, He'll pardon you ".  Apparently it is an old Baptist hymn.  I am sure [she] is at peace with our Lord and very very happy. He likewise played the AMA NAMIN during Communion.. I wish somebody can download the service. It was televised in the Pittsburgh area. [yours truly] was the lector and said that the mass intention is for my Auntie Mimang. William likewise attended the mass with [Dad] and myself. It is truly a beautiful send off to Enya as she leaves earth to join our Maker. She would be very happy (smiling throughout the Mass & likewise touched). I have not seen any service like this except at funeral  of high ranking officials. She was given the honor she truly deserves.

Fr. Kris celebrated the Mass for Friday in the first week of Ordinary Time, John de F was the server, and Ken provided the music ministry.  I was the lector/ reader for the Mass.
The entrance hymn was "As We Gather at Your Table"
First Reading was   HEB 4: 1-5,11
Psalm was   PS 78:3 AND 4BC, 6C-7, 8
The Gospel was Mark 2: 1-12
I read at the general intercessions that "at this Mass we pray for the repose of the soul of my auntie..."
At the Preparation of Gifts Ken played "It is No Secret What God can Do,"
and at Communion he played "Ama Namin"
The Recessional Hymn was "Lord, Help Us Walk Your Servant Way," verses 1 & 4 [tune:  O God Our Help in Ages Past]

What a lovely Mass!  I hope one of us can record it from the internet before tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home