Martin Luther King, Jr. week 2015
Tuesday morning I had a medical appointment. Tuesday afternoon, Dad dropped me off after we dropped off Mom at her appointment) to pick up medicines, get my new University identity card, and to look for a pocket calendar for him. I bought two, only to find when I got home that the dates were misprinted on the cover...so I called the book store and when Dad went to pick up Mom, I exchanged them and walked back. I finished grading Tuesday's section that day.
Wednesday I went to Bible Study of the readings for this week. This is for the 3rd Sunday in Ordinary Time. The first reading is Jon 3:1-5, 10, the second reading is 1 Cor 7:29-31, and the Gospel reading is Mk 1:14-20. I noted that during the Easter Vigil Mass when we welcome the RCIA students/ individuals into the Church one of the sequences sung by the cantor and the choir (with bells) is from the Gospel reading: "This is the time of fulfillment. The reign of God is at hand." I thought it nice that the reading occurs in Ordinary Time, as this happens throughout the year---every day, not just during the Easter Vigil. Fr. Drew led about a dozen of us through the readings.
This morning I had another appointment. Mom and Dad went with me, and we went to McDonald's for Egg McMuffins afterwards. I sent emails to the students who needed to receive them for my Thursday morning class, and went home for a nap. Now, more metal in me. Started reviewing materials for lab class next week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home