Friday, February 06, 2015

Fire Alarm; The Red Violin

Thursday morning, after all my student groups had started their electrophoresis runs, the fire alarm for our building went off.  We evacuated to the inner atrium of the building next door, I took attendance, and I started talking about the in-class problems.  We were quickly given the go-ahead to return, and less than 5 minutes were shaven off the 45-minute run.  

Last night choir practice let out during single-digit Fahrenheit temperatures.  My choir seatmate, Jennifer, was kind enough to give me a ride home.

After grading another section of prelabs to make half of my classes' prelab assignments graded, I walked the graded papers of the Tuesday section to the return location at work.  After a dinner of kare kare on rice, and Jeopardy! Mom and I watched the movie The Red Violin.  Excellent storytelling centered around a...red violin.  Josh Bell acted as music consultant and played solo violin for the soundtrack.   This movie is from 1999, and was excellent in its sweeping and travelling through space and time to recount the story of the red violin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home