Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Sunday: Choir, Haircut, Beatrice's choral concert, and the evening with Maureen

This Sunday I sang in the choir at church, went for a haircut in North Oakland, went with Mom, Dad, and William to Beatrice's choral concert in Wilkinsburg, where we met up with her family (including Nana and Papa and their neighbors).  Maureen and I went to Bakery Square for groceries and to the Waterworks Mall for gasoline.  We went to her house to chat and to catch up.

Beatrice belongs to a choral group, H**etc.  They sang as part of a three-choir concert:
By the Sea (Poem by Emily Dickinson, Music by Juliet Hess)
* J'entend le Moulin (French folk song, arr. by Ruth E. Dwyer & Martin L. Ellis)
* Hey, Ho, Nobody home (Traditional English round)
Windy Nights (Poem by R. L. Stevenson, Music by Mark Patterson)
The Birch Tree (Russian Folk Song, Arr. by Shirley W. McRae)
(Combined Choirs)
Jubilate Deo (Michael Praetorius)
...
(from the loft:)
Bist Du Bei Mir (J.S. Bach)
...
Hand Me Down My Silver Trumpet (Traditional Spiritual, arr. by Joy Webb)
* Kookaburra (Australian folk song, Marian Sinclair)
The bird's Courting Song (Appalachian folk song, Arr. By Cristi Cary Miller)
Zog Nit Keynmol (Hirsch Glick)
(the two girls' choirs sang:)
* Mary Had a Little Blues (Charles A. Collins)
...followed by:
the sending songs.

The songs marked with an * are those I had heard performed earlier.
The families mingled after in the basement of the church.

~~~~~
Monday Maureen and I met after Mass.  We went to McKnight Road for phone issues, and to Wexford for her appointment.  We went to Whole Foods for hot beverages.  Then, we had brunch at the pancake place for my annual celebration, and stopped in the battery store before she dropped me off to get my clearance.  I walked home from there, where Mom and Dad were having land line and Internet service problems.  We watched Dancing with the Stars (as I did tonight).
~~~~~
Helped Mom with PAMS administrative issues until lunchtime.  Took a nap afterward.  Took care of computer communications after noon (we gained internet and phone shortly before).  Debbie and I went for a walk from her work past Schenley Park and the Carnegie Hall to frozen yogurt on Craig Street.  We then walked to her car and I got a ride home.  Watched Dancing With the Stars 10th Anniversary Edition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home