Volunteered at Jubilee Kitchen
Today, Wednesday, I volunteered at Jubilee Kitchen after a grand breakfast of tapsilog, chez Mom and Dad's. The tapa was made earlier this week by dad, jerky-fied on Tuesday for dinner with Kelly, Kyle, William, Marissa, and Solomon.
Tuesday I went to the Lawrenceville French bakery with Maureen and Mary Gene, but not till after we stopped in to say hello to Marge. Then after I picked up a brioche Bostock et un pain de choco-amande, we went to our favorite pancake house, thanks to Mary Gene. Giant Eagle for holiday supplies was next, I made a work call at the Walgreen's parking lot, and I went to pick up more medicines afterwards at my favorite pharmacy. (My third visit in two days.)
Tuesday afternoon William arrived whilst I was out, then K &k. Solomon taught us how to do the Whip and the Nae Nae dances. Awesome. They left to pick up BB from choir practice.
Today after a hearty breakfast at Mom and Dad's, I went to Jubilee Kitchen to help out. I saw John from CAC there, and met Madison, Jaelin, Kevin, Alex, Monique, Omar, and more there. Omar and I shared dish duty. I read the passage from Sirach for Thanksgiving Day: Sirach 50: 22-24 for our blessing, and we recited the Pater Noster (in English) right afterwards. I spotted a statue of St. Francis of Assisi up above, and found myself humming/singing the prayer of St. Francis next to the sink at the Jubilee Kitchen.
Dad and I ran errands, delivering donations, going to Big Bird's palenke, and picking up sandwiches at Wendy's. Graded a great majority of grant proposals and entered scores in the gradesheet for them this afternoon.
The physical therapist arrived soon after Dad and I did, and Mom is taking a nap.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home