A week and a half... Sunday the 7th to Wednesday the 17th February
On Sunday the 7th, a typical choir day on the last Ordinary Sunday before Lent.
Molecular Biology Lab 2 that week.
Wednesday the 10th, I visited the Utrecht store in the South Side to scope out supplies. I lectored at the six o'clock evening Mass with Vince (who did the first reading). The Mass was celebrated by Bishop Zubik, concelebrated by Fr. Kris and Frs. Mark T and Adam V. Deacon Chuck served, as well. It was a true honor.
Thursday the 11th I ordered and handed off an order to Pam for this March's class. I also went to an informational session at the natural history museum.
Friday the 12th, I went to our weekly meeting.
Sunday was Valentine's Day, and that morning I found out we needed lector replacements. I volunteered, and Gerry G and I lectored Sunday for noon Mass, thus, my skipping choir practice and choral singing during noon Mass.
Week of Molecular Biology 3.
Last night (Tuesday the 16th) after work, I went to an organ concert in the St. Paul Cathedral Concert Series by Szabolcs Szamosi, the music director at St. Peter Cathedral in Pecs, Hungary. He played a virtuosic program of Hungarian music, Kodaly, some J.S. Bach, Bartok, Franck, and a simply awesome Prelude and Fugue on BACH by Liszt to close the hour-long program. The runs sounded effortless and mighty on the Beckerath, which was amazing, given the nature of the instrument. Wow.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home