Busy as a Bee; Butterfly stories at Choir Practice
I've been busy as a bee---teaching my last week of classes, meetings and training at the museum, singing at choir practice and at Sunday Mass, (with pinball!), going to the coffee meeting/ kaffee klatsch at the museum director's office Monday, Tuesday birthday dinner at Casbah (Calamari appetizer with an entrée of Lamb Shank!) with Mom and Dad, running errands on Wednesday and today (Thursday).
Choir practice was led by Ken tonight. We enjoyed snackage afterwards and I told Mary my butterfly stories...Chuck, too. The story about Phipps Conservatory, my shoebox-bound chrysalis, my butterfly with the deformed wing, setting it free with "Live Long and Prosper," and going to the Point only once in my life to see the Independence Day fireworks with Lakshmi...and meeting my butterfly again--in a dramatic fashion! My second butterfly story was about heading south on the Pacific Coast Highway and staying at a youth hostel where there was only one other guest...a nerdy butterfly researcher. He invited me to his field site and...what I thought were leaves on trees were actually fluttering butterflies!
Needless to say, when Beatrice and I were discussing our favorite insects this March (last month), I excitedly said, "Lepidoptera!"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home