Wednesday, June 08, 2016

A mid-week in June 2016

Tuesday, we new docents met up with Albert in Benedum Hall at the museum for more geology training.  Jules left a box of candy and cookies as a thank you for the more experienced docents and we also gave gifts to Pat, Patty, and Joann.  The guys in our docent class were absent today.  We headed to the Porch for lunch and had a grand time.  Good food, good company, and good conversation.  Patty mentioned an article that stated that if you want to find someone competent to do a task, find an eight-year-old girl.  I added that she will also be confident, as well.  We sauntered back to the museum after lunch.

After a sandwich for dinner, I headed to Betty's jewelry making class and finished a peach-colored iridescent-pearlescent beaded necklace with a tan shell (half of a bivalve's shell culled from the Crystal Coast in North Carolina during the summer of 2015) and a bright green "pearl" in the shell.  I had started making the necklace the last time I had seen Betty (during autumn---was it October? November 2015?)

Today (and this week) I cleaned out my clothes closet of some pieces that needed to be weeded from it.  This week I also went through files to toss/ recycle paper.  This week I also helped Mom with planning her class reunion.  Today, I treated Mom and Dad to lunch out at an Asian buffet South of the Monongehela River.  Tonight, Mom and I watched the NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, Jeopardy! and then we joined Dad to go to the Novena for Our Mother of Perpetual Help at St. Paul Cathedral.  Fr. Steve P celebrated this with Ted W.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home