Tuesday, July 26, 2016

MON, TUE- Sutures Out! and Miranda returns home

Monday was an exciting day!  I got my sutures out.  No exuding, very clean.  Dr. Mac was very pleased, as was I.  PA Steve gave me some directive sheets to read.  Dad dropped me off and picked me up.  We went for groceries in East Liberty/ Bakery Square afterwards.  Great dinner of Chinese chicken and Mexican tamales for Miranda's last dinner.  Dad took photos of Miranda and me in front of the family tree. 

Tuesday (today) is one of the hottest days of the year, and I took a full shampoo and shower (no stitches)!  We drove Miranda to the airport, and Lola saw her off at the gate whilst Dad and I had egg, cheese, and meat sandwiches with hot beverages for breakfast.  The grill cook said, "These are going to be the best sandwiches for breakfast!"  I told her while we were eating that I agreed, and Dad declared, "These are the best breakfast sandwiches I have had in a month!"

After Miranda boarded her flight we treated Mom to a breakfast sandwich- hot beverage combination.  She agreed with us, too.  We went to Costco and Aldi for groceries and supplies and gasoline afterwards. 

I had received an email from one of my departments this afternoon, so started work on the syllabus after returning.  Spoke by phone to my dear friend Kimmie, and we talked about The W Network, the Presidential nominees, our families, getting older, and mortality.

The three of us watched the roll call of votes for the (alphabetical) states and territories, from N to the end.  Mom noted that "[Senator Bernie Sanders] was magnanimous in defeat."  I stated that "he [Senator Sanders] was gracious."   We had a lovely Italian dinner with roasted chicken, marinated chicken and Portobello mushrooms, Tuscan bread with dipping sauce, and plenteous water.

Mom, Dad, and I agreed that it's time to weed paper products from my home---work papers, books, textbooks, magazines, journals, etc.---all before the Fall semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home