Memes @ Olympics
Memes following Usain Bolt's running the 100m dash...
https://www.eurweb.com/2016/08/rio-olympics-usain-bolt-pic-launched-thousand-memes/
Remember McKayla Maroney @ the London 2012 Olympics? McKayla was not impressed...and her family placed the photo in a prominent place. McKayla even tweeted, "look what I came home to...hahaha":
http://mckaylaisnotimpressed.tumblr.com/
~~~~~~~
Went to physical therapy today. No air conditioning whilst I was there. I asked the head physical therapist, "Trying to make us get into Rio? Making it tropical, make us do exercises, and here we are in the gym!" I later asked the PTs why there weren't salsa music...the head PT joked back that this is like hot yoga. My PT gave me approximately another page of exercises to do at home. She asked about my jewelry, and I told her where I got it and who it reminds me of...my niece and nephew. I told her how my other niece and nephew used to pronounce the Olympics when they were younger.
~~~~~~~~
23.10
Watched the Men's 800m Finals for the Rio Olympics: Kenyan David Rudisha won gold, Algierian Taoufik Makhloufi won silver, and 21-year-old Akron student Clayton Murphy from the USA won bronze.
Also watched some women's 400m hurdle qualifying heats. Watched
http://summergames.ap.org/article/latest-russian-long-jumper-gets-ok-compete-rio
(see the 11.10PM time point) Shawnae Miller of the Bahamas "dove" to win the women's 400m final in 49.44 to beat out Allyson Felix of team USA at 49.51 who stayed on both feet to run across the line. (Should we eliminate swim moves from track events? What about other creative crossing-over moves from other sports--no, perhaps not.)
Watched the women's gymnastics individual events: Balance beam. Nederlander Sanne Wevers, whose identical twin sister was watching her and was sporting an Orangemen orange jacket, took the gold (performing precarious spinning on the beam in confident fashion), Laurie Hernandez of team USA took silver, and Simone Biles (despite an under-rotated move that ended with her holding the beam) of the USA handily took the bronze medal.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home