First FRIday of August; Saturday- quiet at Mom and Dad's home
This was the First Friday of August. Dad went to an earlier Mass, Mom and I attended noon Mass. I started a basket for her online to purchase from a drugstore. Worked on correspondence. I was serious sous chef for dinner. We watched the opening ceremonies for the Olympics in Rio.
Two event organizers/ planners for the opening ceremonies spoke early in the NBC broadcast: They indicated that the ceremony would focus not only on Brasil, but also on the rest of the world....That techno-presentation would not overshadow the people aspect of the Games.
There were Refugee Athletes sporting the Olympic rings on the breast lapel of their blazers, right before the Brasilian athletes marched into the stadium.
After the Olympic torch was lit, a metal sculpture gyrated behind it, and a samba party ensued.
Friday was my first day since 2009 that I wore the compression TED stockings.
-----
Saturday, I got up late (9.00), helped Mom to purchase drugstore items online, caught up on correspondence, and we three had a late lunch of miswa soup with beef and sayote, along with their bittermelon (ampalaya) casserole.
It was a perfect day for cool refreshment: Went with Debbie to Dave and Andy's for ice cream-- tried and enjoyed a "Birthday Cake" cup! We chatted for a while there.
Watched women's volleyball, swimming, a bit of boxing, and lots more this first full day of Olympics coverage.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home