SAT- The Cathedral of Learning Tours, and the Matrimonial Sacrament of Christina Marie P and Michael Joseph A III
SAT morning my Dad drove me to arrive in time for one of the two 10.00 tours of the Cathedral of Learning Nationality rooms. John P, a junior computer science major, led my group's tour. We started on the first floor, proceeded to a bathroom break on the third floor, then continued the hour-and-a-half-long tour on the third floor, making certain to visit the Austrian room and the future Philippine Nationality Room. The tour concluded on the first floor in the Chinese room. I approached both groups who had toured the rooms to inquire as to who wanted to visit the honors college and the Syria-Lebanon room. I took some of the guests to both locations. Dad picked me up so that I could meet Maureen at my house.
Maureen and I freshened up and headed our for our adventure to attend Christina and Michael's wedding in Plum. The wedding party included three bridesmaids and three groomsmen, one each of the junior bridesmaid and junior groomsmen, in addition to the parents, grandparents, and flower girl and ring bearer. Fr. Tony Gargotta celebrated the Mass, assisted by Deacon Toby Gaines, formerly of St. Paul Cathedral. There were an organist, vocalist, and two violinists providing music ministry.
The Prelude, during which we entered the church, consisted of two musical pieces:
You Raise Me Up
The Prayer
The Procession consisted of three musical pieces:
Canon in D (J. Pachelbel)
Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
Trumpet Voluntary
The Liturgy of the Word Consisted of:
Genesis 2: 18-24
Sung Psalm 128
1 Corinthians 12:31-13:8a
Gospel- Mark 10:6-9
Homily
Rite of Marriage
Exchange of Vows
Blessings and Exchange of Rings
Prayers of the Faithful
Liturgy of the Eucharist
Preparation of the Gifts- You Are Mine
Pater Noster
Sign of Peace
Communion- On Eagle's Wings
Concluding Rite
Dedication to the Blessed Mother- Ave Maria (Gounod)
Declaration of Marriage and Final Blessing
Recessional- Ode To Joy
~~~~~~
During the photos of the wedding party (which included Regina C), Maureen and I chatted with Jeff M and Chad K. We followed the two to the reception.
We sat at the "Kid's Table" as I told Kay...who sported with Alroy their three: John M, Claire, and Celine. Jeff and Chad were also at our table. The toast by the matron of honor (Katie Danielson) moved her to tears. We partook of a lovely, delicious buffet dinner, a cookie table, wedding cake, and a chocolate fountain (!) Had a chance to chat with Regina and John, their friends Jen and Adam, the couple of the moment, Robert (Christina's brother), and Diane (Christina's mom). A couple of dance chains/ conga lines came by during the evening, which I high fived, etc. Celine and I bonded over a bottle whilst her parents and siblings danced. We stayed to the end of the evening.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home