SEPT 2018
SAT 01 SEPT 2018- Early this morning saw M, WA, and BF off to Marietta and environs. Inflated my DrH brace, used that after I deflated it, too. Late this morning ran errands with Dad. Downtown, Bloomfield, and at the Oakland Library. Took a long nap. Hairstyle photos.
SUN 02 SEPT 2018- Noon Mass w D. We brought Leche Plan to their picnic. M, WA, and BF returned from Marietta during the picnic. Had a chance to chat with Meiyi after we all enjoyed a picnic dinner. Wore DrH brace for part of the day.
MON 03 SEPT 2018- I worked the last Spotlight in We Are Nature on its maiden voyage as an exhibit since its development (3:162). Visitors to this first North American exhibit on the Anthropocene were locals, and were from CO, OH, VA, TN, Mississippi, and WV. MK arrived, we went for brownie sundaes on Craig St.
TUE 04 SEPT 2018- had a Shadyside appointment, and then MK & I had General Tso's chicken at Little Asia. Stopped in at the Cathedral to look for the item Mom left at the Parish Picnic.
WED 05 SEPT 2018- Interview with a team from ULS in the morning. Worked at NRP for half the day. Finished 2004 info entering into the dBase.
THU 06 SEPT 2018- ShM and ShqM today, after 2 weeks.
FRI 07 SEPT 2018-Worked @ NRP all day. NRP tabling @ WPU Lower Lounge for Study Abroad. "What year are you in school?" Stuffed envelops with undergraduate and graduate students' flyers for scholarships abroad. WA and MM's family stopped by an evening this week.
SAT 08 SEPT 2018- Rest day. Help M with her electronic books.
SUN 09 SEPT 2018- At ~ 11am to 1.30pm BB visited @ Lolo and Lola's. Lots of fun eating, watching Cash Cab, and she and Lola chatted, too. At 4PM was Don's organ concert, with Natalie Kasievich (violin) and Jay Villella (trumpet) for the Icelandic Suite that Composer-In-Residence Bob Farrell wrote after visiting Iceland. Bob wrote it for this concert. The program consisted of:
Prelude and Fugue in E Major (Vincent Luebeck)
Sonata in G minor (Baldassare Galuppi)
Prelude and Fugue in D Major (Johann Sebastian Bach)
Short Preludes and Intermezzos for Organ (Work 9) (Hermann Schroeder)
Icelandic Suite [for Violin, Trumpet, an Organ (2018)] (Robert Farrell)
Introduction and Passacaglia for Organ (Max Reger)
I particularly enjoyed the third movement of the Icelandic Suite, "Trolls, Elves, and Water Sprites" (which exhibited a keen sense of humor), as well as the sixth and last movement of that piece, "Sunset Over the Fjords," whose main theme resembled or sounded familiar.
MON 10 SEPT 2018-Drove Mom and Dad to get Dad Dx'ed for eye problems. He needs eye surgery.
TUE 11 SEPT 2018- 20 minutes on R Bicycle. I recalled 9/11/2001 for Mom.
WED 12 SEPT 2018-Worked a full day at NRP. 20 minutes on the R bicycle from Les.
THU 13 SEPT 2018-20 Minutes on R bicycle. ShM no show. First choir rehearsal for the season.
FRI 14 SEPT 2018- Worked at NRP today.
SAT 15 SEPT 2018-Went with MLH to FAAP PConsul General Outreach in West Mifflin today. We stopped at the Homestead USPOffice on the way back, then she took care of more in West Mifflin again.
SUN 16 SEPT 2018-First day with the choir back. Noon Mass with Fr. Brian Welding. Christina McC cantored. Dad and company served as Eucharistic Ministers. Met Christina and her little family at Coffee and Donuts after Mass. Chatted with Shelly, Paolo, and Mary R at the table. Borrowed a book from the Fr Vanyo library: The Hidden Power of Kindness by Lawrence C. Lovasik.
Mom, Dad, and I joined a potluck dinner (Mom made Afritada and Leche Plan) at Malou and Bob's home. Fr Noel Llaga from Quezon was the celebrant. There was singing, poetry recitation and oration, stories, and photo taking. We all left with leftovers.
Uncle Al not responsive...testing to follow on TUES
MON 17 SEPT 2018= Had an appointment with my new-ish PCP, Dr ALJ for pre-op examination and testing, including chest X Rays, and also a flu shot. I saw a friend and former coworker today. More appointments in Oakland. Rode the bus home. I have a great treatment team!
TUE 18 SEPT 2018- CMNH Museum Docent Meeting. We were told about the Natural History Interpreter position, and how Docent IIs would become, after training sessions, Natural History Interpreters.
Uncle Aling removed from respirator, etc. today. His family is all with him.
WED 19 SEPT 2018- Sent an email for a specia person's (J O's) birthday! Worked a full day at NRP today.
THU 20 SEPT 2018- ShM and ShqM today. Exam by Dr. L-J today. Discussed med-surgical issues w DW. Choir practice.
FRI 21 SEPT 2018- I worked the good part of the day at NRP.
SAT 22 SEPT 2018- .Tonight, I worked with Dad to make certain that his voice came through on his eulogy for Uncle Aling. Very late Kelly did a great last-minute edit on it, after she and Kyle arrived at Mom and Dad's home...They departed very early from PIT airport on...
SUN 23 SEPT 2018- Fr. Paul Werley celebrated the noon Mass. Shane cantored. Sarah R read the first reading,Wis 2:12, 17-20
I read the second reading, Jas 3:16—4:3
I greatly appreciated that reading, and it is germane, regarding current events!!
The choir sang at that Mass. I saw Fr. Kris Stubna after Mass and told him about Uncle Aling. He consoled Dad and Mom after Mass.
Music for the Mass included:
Introit: I saw the salvation of the people says the Lord
Entrance Hymn: Lord, Help Us Walk Your Servant Way
Kyrie from the Vatican Mass XVI
Antiphonal Gloria from J. Lee
Responsorial Psalm, Psalm 54- O. Alstott
Alleluia (M. Vulpius)
Preparation of the GIfts- O Lord, We Believe- R. Kreutz
Holy, Holy, Holy from Mass of the City- Richard Proulx
Memorial Acclamation from Mass of the City- Richard Proulx
Amen from Mass of the City- Richard Proulx
Agnus Dei- Chant Mass XVIII
Communion Antiphon- You have laid down your precepts- Robert Farrell
Communion Hymn- Praise the Lord from the Heavens - H. Hughes
Communion Meditation- Adoro Te- M. Haydn
Recessional Hymn- The Spirit Sends Us Forth to Serve
MON 24 SEPT 2018- I accompanied Dad and Mom to the ophthalmologist's surgical office. (Dad developed eye pain on Thursday 13 SEPT 2018, when Uncle Aling fell ill.) No surgery today.
TUE 25 SEPT 2018- I drove downtown with Dad to run an errand. Debbie and I watched Won't You Be My Neighbor? at AMC Waterfront 2, after getting double cheeseburgers, fries and shakes. We were happy to receive Smiley cookies, which Debbie gave me one (so that I could present both to my parents). This is the same movie that W and SCMA saw earlier this summer, and, when I questioned the younger of the two, "What's your favorite part of the movie?" he replied, "I don't want to spoil it for you."
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7681902/?ref_=nv_sr_1
WED 26 SEPT 2018- Penultimate day as a temp at NRP. I will train the new person later this week. I worked the good part of the day today. Cristina and I discussed news items at the end of the work day today. Mom made delicious adobong manok at baboy for dinner tonight. Jeopardy! was watched, as usual. Dad and Mom called Auntie Elsie this evening. Surgery coming up.
THU 27 SEPT 2018- Met with a friend at home; decided that my healing song would be from a RAP tune of MC Hammer's. ShM and ShqM today. Choir practice---penultimate one before taking a short hiatus.
FRI 28 SEPT 2018- Last day before my hiatus @ work, NRP. Got a whole year (2008) of information (including institutions, sponsoring institutions, and "notes"/ independent research/ language classes/ internship/ etc.) entered in the database.
Had a late lunch from poke.
Stayed late and chatted briefly with MCL.
Made double chocolate brownies for Mom!
SAT 29 SEPT 2018- "This American Life," was a rerun from a 2013 radio show. It was about coincidences. It was great. Gave Mom a Fall Echo scarf and orchid blossom. Mom, Dad, and I went for Chinese lunch in Bloomfield, then grocery shopping. Jeopardy! watching is put off for today because of the Jerome Bettis (the Bus's) television show.
SUN 30 SEPT 2018- Organized some photos and a video from 2009 at home. Went to lunch for Mom's birthday with M and D, WA, MM, BB, and SCMA---seafood at the Waterfront. Stopped for gasoline there before I drove home. Stopped @ home before D and M and I went to Mass at the Oratory. Fr. David Abernathy celebrated the Mass. Correspondence for Mom when we got home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home