Wednesday, December 26, 2018

WED 26 DEC 2018 to SUN 30 DEC 2018

WED 26 DEC 2018- Mid morning physical therapy. K and k arrived from visiting MD and also Fern and her new family. M, D, K and k and I followed the car with W, M, B, and S to authentic Sichuan food in Squirrel Hill. Delicious!
More games and fun ensued.
Luce and Django arrived from FL this PM, as well.

THU 27 DEC 2018- Mid-morning nurse appointment for my back this morning. Dad accompanied me. Spent last few hours with k and K, then WA's family dined on shrimp egg foo young, thanks to WA. Met up with Shq M.  Took a short nap and made plans for tomorrow with Luce. They will be at the Penguins game tonight. Mom and I watched the NBC Nightly News and Jeopardy!
Final, 2 to 5 Red Wings @ Penguins! M, D, and I watched one of my top favorite movies of all time, Disney's Coco (2017).

FRI 28 DEC 2018- Luce got over and Django got over maladies. We met at their place in Oakland, then walked to Hello Bistro for lunch with MM and SCMA, before they dropped us off at the Cathedral of Learning as they headed to an appointment in Squirrel Hill. We toured the Honors College and the third floor of Nationality Rooms which were already open. We enjoyed frozen yogurt with toppings on Craig Street and the decorations in Saint Paul Cathedral before borrowing the car to go get postage, post a letlter, and go grocery shopping in Friendship. Dropped them off and I am resting now...watched NBC Nightly News and Jeopardy! with M and D over dinner. Watched the last half hour of the film version of Nicholas Sparks's novel, The Notebook, with Gina Rowlands and James Garner.

SAT 29 DEC 2018- I rode with MM, BF, and SC to the Carnegie Science Center today. We met LS and D there at the Gift Shop, got tickets, and proceeded directly to UPMC Sports Works. L, MM, and I chatted while the tweens had a blast. L and I continued to The Art of the Brick (Lego exhibit), the miniature railroad, weighed ourselves on Earth to the moon and on celestial bodies in our Solar System, and chatted some more. After we all had some respite and nourishment in the Cafe downstairs, MM and the boys went on a tour of the USS Requin, and BF went  outside to work on the tablet, LS & D, and I went via Uber to Dave and Buster's at the Waterfront, soon to be joined by W's family. The intense influx of lights and sounds in the game room acted to excite the tweens and hypnotically dull the senses of the adults in our group. After a mid-afternoon snack of Thai chicken green salad and of pulled pork tacos, and of a burger; LS, D, and I headed back home (me) and back to their hotel (them) for a well-deserved rest at the end of the afternoon. Our Uber driver was reading a book about Fred Rogers, so we chatted about (all) the WQED structures in Oakland, MisteRogers's congregation in Squirrel Hill, JoAnn Rogers, and more.
The day is winding down: I had tortilla chips with spicy guacamole and a slice of pumpkin cake roll for dinner. Almost time for the NBC Nightly News! Helped M and D with email correspondence and Facebook posts.

SUN 30 DEC 2018-
Solemnity of the Holy Family: Jesus, Mary and Joseph
Mom and I watched 10.00 Mass from St. Paul Cathedral on the television. Dad and I served (as Eucharistic Minister and as lector, respectively) during noon Mass. Fr. John Pfannensieil celebrated, with Deacon Tim Deeley and Ted Wojcik assisting. Thomas served, as well, Carole DiCl was lector 1, I was lector 2. Becky was our cantatrice, with the St. Paul Cathedral Choir, Ken Danchik, and Don Fellows at the choir loft.
The music and readings included:
Introit
Entrance Hymn: What Child Is This
Christmastime Gloria: arr. by Dan Laginya
First Reading:   Sir 3:2-6, 12-14
Responsorial Psalm: 128, James Chepponis
Second Reading:  COL 3:12-17
Gospel Acclamation: Christmastime Alleluia, James Chepponis
Gospel Reading:  Lk 2:41-52
Preparation of the Gifts: Coventry Carol
Eucharistic Acclamations: as for Christmas Eve and Day
Communion Processional: See Amid the Winter's Snow, J. Goss
Recessional Hymn: God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen

After lunch and changing to comfortable clothes, I picked up LS and DS to go to the Phipps Conservatory. We enjoyed the Winter Garden Show and Phipps' Holiday Magic: Let It Glow! after dark. Ran into fellow altoid Lisa P there, and she kindly took our photo.
Since my favorite poke restaurant was closed, we went for sushi and poke on Craig Street, and for hot fudge brownie sundaes on Craig Street.
The overflow sushi came to the gastrointestinal rescue of M and D!
Called the HelpDesk re: forwarding email.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home