SAT 01 DEC to THU 06 DEC 2018
SAT 01 DEC 2018-- That morning I attended an
Advent Morning of Recollection
Here is a quote from their website:
https://www.newmanstudies.org/
[We] reflect on the great O Antiphons of Advent through the lens of Blessed John Henry Newman’s spiritual writings. The popular hymn, “O Come O Come Emmanuel,” incorporates the O Antiphons into the verses of the hymn and is sung abundantly in Christian Churches during the season of Advent.
[We] reflect on the great O Antiphons of Advent through the lens of Blessed John Henry Newman’s spiritual writings. The popular hymn, “O Come O Come Emmanuel,” incorporates the O Antiphons into the verses of the hymn and is sung abundantly in Christian Churches during the season of Advent.
There was representation from the WED morning Bible Study (Catherine, Joann, and Dorothy), and from the choir (Dr Lisa). After the light lunch, I went to the S Hills to pick up my folks' visitor.
SUN 02 DEC 2018-- See the previous post.
MON 03 DEC 2018- Mom and I had medical appointments today. Among them were my evaluation for outpatient physical therapy. I am doing stretching and strengthening exercises.
Some thoughts thought today and applicable going forth:
God gave us limitations---we should honor those limitations, too (insert the Serenity prayer here).
One of my PTs gave me the mantra "Don't rush." I have decided today to apply this mantra to other, additional aspects of my life besides just for physical therapy.
Be grateful for the resources available to me. Be grateful for the resources which I have. Be grateful for the resources...a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
TUE 04 DEC 2018-- After prophylactic antibiotics, I had my X ray (full set) and teeth cleaning by Samantha. Mom and I made appointment for Dad. Need to cancel other appointments...time for Mom and I to do insurance research.
Didn't get to sleep until after 2.10AM WED, due to pain. I became Tylenol ER gurl around 01.00 WED.
WED 05 DEC 2018- Made a supreme pizza for lunch with Mom and Dad. Drove them to Dad's eye appointment. Mom took care of the insurance issue. Photos of the Novena for the family. Nancy' Cs last brother-in-law dies Thanksgiving week.
THU 06 DEC 2018- Shq'a stopped by this afternoon. D and M and I went to Big Bird's Palenke for groceries and dinner, then I drove through a light snow to choir practice. They had finished practicing Advent music by the time I arrived, and had started on the Christmas tunes. Sat next to Jen H for practice. Jorge A provided snacks!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home