Thanksgiving 2018
Wonderful Thanksgiving 2018, D went to SPC early 8.15 AM Mass. M, D, k, K, and I piled into the sedan to meet WA, MM, BB, SC, LM at Grand Concourse for an early seating for Thanksgiving. The buffet was luscious. I had the beef (among the turkey, beef, and ham), and multiple trimmings. There were tables with desserts, as well, including a fresh Bananas Foster station, ice cream in waffle cones, and hot donuts. We all had a grand time and enjoyed regaling with and hearing stories from each other.
A couple of hours later MM, BB, SC came over for games (PPG game). I took a quick nap and they, with K and k played Ticket to Ride. I assisted (not that handily) with dinner prep. We had brown-sugar-crusted HoneyBaked ham, venison pot roast homemade by k, broccoli quiche and also quiche Lorraine, mashed potatoes with turkey gravy, green bean casseroles, wassail, OMgosh, the list goes on and on...
FRI 23 NOV 2018- Breakfast with K and D, helped K obtain a 5-day pass for fitness, saw k and K off for the Carnegie International 2018/19, then organized the tableware with strips of penciled paper and tape. Reset the table with new silverware and placemats and plates. B and S and MM came over to D and M's in the PM for food, games, and fun with their relatives.
SAT 24 NOV 2018- Apparently, BB and S spent the night chez L and L's home. K prepared an awesome breakfast of fried rice, chicken longganisa, and eggs perfectly over easy. The kids played games with k and K, until their Mom and came over, and the younger generations decided to go games shopping in Squirrel Hill, followed by a jaunt to the (new) Japanese grocery store, and bubble tea. I stayed behind once MM and I wended our way to the Japanese grocery store--I got a green tea ice dessert with a layer of red bean paste, surrounded by a wafer molded into the shape of a flat fish. Awesome. It was a "Green tea flavor ice by Binggrae---Samanco Green Tea Ice" Binggrae Co. is in Seoul, Korea. k and K departed, with the crewel work/ needlepointed Desert Cactus and the Chi chair.
Auntie Chi is doing great after a similar procedure to mine...she will go home sometime around this weekend.
Plenteous, varied, diverse, delicious Leftovers....Overflowing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home