Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Post-S

Vignettes post-surgery:
Day after surgery--- two physical therapy sessions. Both required me to ambulate using a walker; the second time I walked a total of 150 feet. The PT asked me questions while I walked--I remember replying, "All the symptoms I had prior to surgery, I have none of them now...I have no pre-op symptoms currently."

As of today, I have eight get well cards, some signed by multiple folks, such as my Bible Study
group and the choir to which I belong.

I had two post-operative medical appointments yesterday: With my primary care physician, and with my orthopedic surgeon...I asked the surgeon what my "long term mobility" would be like. [As I have similar hardware as Gloria Estefan, I asked,] "'Will I be like Gloria Estefan?'" The surgeon mentioned singing and dancing, and I reminded him, " Well, I can sort of sing," Which he agreed about "rapping."

The surgeon had two hospital roomfuls of residents. He accompanied the first group the day after my surgery. After they completed asking their questions I asked if they had a minute or two...for a song. [I write and sing a song for each of my major surgeries, to the surgeon (and) the team.] "This song is after MC Hammer's 'Can't Touch This.'" "I love that song!"...I was asked for a copy of it after completing my rendition of my version of it, which I gladly provided.     When the second group of residents arrived, I asked again if they had a minute or two, as I had a song. "We heard," they replied.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home